The ELLA (Evidence and Lessons from Latin America) initiative, managed by Practical Action Latin America and funded by DFID, has launched its Learning Alliances. These are 8-month learning programmes between Latin American, African and South Asian policy makers and practitioners, that offers:
- Networking with people and organisations working on similar issues, in online and offline activities
- Learning from common problems and different solutions
- ELLA certificate on completion of the programme
There is no cost to join but members will need to devote about one hour per week to the learning programme.
In this first round starting in 19th March 2012, ELLA offers 3 learning programmes on:
- Extractive Industries: achieving socially just and environmentally sound investment in mining and energy. Join here.
- Climate Change Adaptation in semi-arid and arid regions: good practices and integration of practice into policy. Join here.
- Citizen oversight: practical promotion of citizen oversight of public policies and programmes. Join here.
For joining, just fill out the online application form. Applicants will be admitted on a rolling basis. Final deadline to submit is March 9th, 2012.