UPCOMING DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 23 January 2015
Every two years, ILC initiates a membership expansion process during which new organisations – including civil society organisations, intergovernmental organisations, research institutes and other actors engaged on land issues – join the Coalition to pursue the common goal of promoting secure equitable access to land for poor rural people. Prior to its biennial Assembly of Members (AoM), which then votes upon the approval of interested organisations, a call is launched to allow the submission of applications to the ILC Secretariat.
The last call for membership in 2013 increased the total number of members to 152.
The next Assembly of Members will take place in Senegal in 2015. As mandated by the ILC Coalition Council, the application process to become a new member of the Coalition is now open.
Who can apply?
- Any civil society – including research institutions, national and international NGOs, grassroots and social movements – or intergovernmental organisation sharing ILC’s vision and mission is in principle eligible for ILC membership.
- Individuals, governments, and private sector actors such as corporations are not eligible to become members of ILC.
Any organisation willing to apply must submit the following documents:
- Application form: the form must be filled in all its fields and must be accompanied with all the required annexes.
- Two endorsement letters: any application must be endorsed by two current ILC members. These can be either national or international CSOs from any region or country despite the nationality of the applying organisation, or IGOs.
For the complete list of ILC members and their contact details please see our members page .
- Nancy Micheline Kachingwe (firstname.lastname@example.org) for AFRICA
- Erpan Faryadi (email@example.com) for ASIA
- Zulema Burneo (firstname.lastname@example.org) for LATIN AMERICA
DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION MATERIAL HERE
Deadline for submissions is 23 January, 2015.
TIMELINE AND PROCESS
A Membership Committee, composed of ILC members who serve the ILC Coalition Council, will review the applications received and propose a list of eligible candidates to the Assembly of Members for voting on their approval.
An application DOES NOT translate necessarily into acceptance. The Membership Committee will consider each application based upon its relevance to the collective nature, needs, and objectives of the Coalition and consider a number of criteria when nominating an organisation for membership, including geographical representation, the nature and diversity of the current membership, and the objectives and expertise that the organisation may bring to the collective work of the Coalition.
Organisations that will be accepted as members will be notified by the ILC Secretariat, on behalf of the ILC Membership and Coalition Council. As soon as they will be notified of their membership, organisations must formally confirm the acceptance of their new status of ILC members, after which they can begin exercising their membership rights.
The membership growth process: an overview. New timeline to be published soon.
|May 2014||The call for applications is launched|
|January 2015||23rd of January 2015, deadline for submissions|
|February 2015||The Membership Committee starts the review process|
|April / May 2015||The Assembly of Members votes|
|May/ June 2015||ILC notifies the outcomes and invites selected organisations to join the Coalition|
|July 2015||Selected organisations formally accept the invitation|
|September 2015||ILC officially welcomes new members|
Ms. Dunia Mennella (email@example.com; with copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org ) Tel: +39 06 5459 2113 or +39 06 5459 2610 Mailing address: International Land Coalition Secretariat at IFAD Via Paolo di Dono, 44, 00142 – Rome, Italy.
To learn more about the International Land Coalition